The Student News Site of Lincoln College

The Lincoln College Lynx

Filed under Sports

Lincoln College Volleyball Places At Nationals

Volleyball+team+
Volleyball team

Volleyball team

Mark Tippet

Mark Tippet

Volleyball team

LINCOLN, Ill. — When It comes to playing a college sport there is no such thing as down time and the Lincoln College Volleyball team learned that over Easter weekend. While most students  went home for the weekend holiday, the team traveled to Kansas City for the  National Collegiate Volleyball Federation Tournament.  The Lynx went into the tourney ranked 24th out of the 48 teams  there.

The Lynx started out with two big wins against Fairfield and Grove City Colleges, waiting for them in the third game was the defending national champions and number one team in the country, Messiah College. The Lynx gave the best team in the nation all they could handle, they dropped the first set 19-25 , came back to win the second set 26-24, but eventually lost in the third set 18-16.

The Lynx did not let that loss define the rest of the weekend as they rallied together and rattled off 4 wins in a row to make it in the Final Eight. Once again waiting for them was Messiah College . The Lynx would end up losing again to the defending champs ending the Lynx great weekend run. Lincoln College ended up taking 5th place and finished with a 32-20 record. Head Coach Mark Tippett said , “I could not be more proud of the way our players performed at Nationals and how well they represented Lincoln College.”

It was a great year for the Lynx  and will have many  players coming back to make another deep run in the National Tournament next year.