The Lincoln College Lynx

Filed under Sports

Lynx Look To Hit The Floor Running

Head+Coach+Pat+Lepper+showing+his+guys+how+to+properly+do+the+firefighter+drill.+
Head Coach Pat Lepper showing his guys how to properly do the firefighter drill.

Mario Meccia

Mario Meccia

Lincoln IL- After a deep postseason run for the Lincoln College Basketball team last year they are back and ready to get things started. Head coach Pat Lepper thinks this could be a special year for his team as he brings back seven key players from last year’s team. One of the lead players to  returned  to Lincoln is Trayvon Tyler.  Tyler  led the team in points, steals and assists last year. Over the summer he  was mentioned in the JUCO top 100 list, which is a list for the best players in the country for junior college basketball. Coach Lepper was pleased with his starting point guard’s offseason work. Tyler really dedicated himself  in the weight room.  Tyler looks to be a big impact for the lynx this year as he will be a candidate for player of the year in the conference and maybe even in the country.

The Lynx went out this offseason and added depth to their starting lineup and even their bench. Two key players the Lynx added this year are Edwin Rivera and Louis Griffith. Rivera is a 6 feet 7 inches forward from Puerto Rico who will help out the Lynx in a lot of different ways. Coach Lepper was very excited when talking about Rivera. He explained Edwin can really play the game and can stretch the floor and hit the outside shot. Look out for Rivera to make a difference on the floor for the Lynx. The coaching staff did stay local this offseason when they did their recruiting in the summer, they landed D1 transfer from Bradley University, Louis Griffith. “When you first take a look at Griffith you would be shocked he’s a basketball player, but don’t let his look fool you. The kid is one hell of a ball player.”, according to Coach Lepper.

When speaking about team goals,  Coach Lepper  stated that he wants to win 20 plus game this year. This should be very doable with this very talented Lynx roster. Coach also wants to be a top contender in the conference. The biggest goal coach wants to achieve this year is to make the national tournament, Lincoln College has not been there since 2011 when they won the whole thing.

The Lynx will open up season play Nov. 1  at home against Hannibal -LaGrange JV team. This will start a four-game home stand to start up the season. Stay tuned for coverage of Lynx basketball as we take close look at the Lynx, hoping they can make a deep run in post-season play.